Thursday 13 July 2017

Fat burning exercise

This week I discovered a new fat burning exercise - it's called ironing. I had taken a skirt off to iron it, as it seemed too creased to wear to a launch event at County Hall. Sometimes I iron things whilst I'm wearing them but that can cause discomfort so I played safe and put the skirt on the ironing board. Unfortunately I underestimated my excess flab and as I slid the iron near to my body it came into contact with my  midriff and sizzled some of the fat. I think it was a much more effective fat burning exercise than the Zumba class I attended last week. The instructor asked if anyone was doing Zumba for the first time and I foolishly admitted that I was. I didn't realise that she was not asking in order provide extra support and encouragement but to flag up to the other ladies the woman who would be funniest to watch. After 45 minutes I had still no clear idea of any of the moves. I thought I was copying the lady at the front, but judging by the sniggers around me, I wasn't entirely accurate. I went for a swim after the class and got awful cramp. I'm the only person I've ever met who can do the "live long and prosper' sign with their toes.
 In the Bible a man called Timothy writes " Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever." As a Christian I have discovered that the only scars I need are the ones Jesus received when he was nailed to a cross. A life in God requires discipline but not self flagellation. There's an old hymn about Jesus that reads "Five bleeding wounds he bore, received on Calvary, they pour effectual prayers, they strongly plead for me. 'Forgive him, O forgive,' they cry, Nor let that ransomed sinner die." If you are struggling with life or with faith I'd like to recommend that you put your faith in God who through His son Jesus makes you fit for life now and for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment