Monday 29 December 2014

The joy of 'Click and Collect'




'Click and Collect' seems like a marvelous idea. I used it at Christmas. I know how to click, I just completely forgot to collect. However, it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good. (whatever that might mean.)
I did eventually go and collect, except I didn't actually collect when I went. I had parted with £26.24 for a coat which I had no recollection of ordering. On boxing day, my daughter wondered if I had changed my mind about getting her a coat for Christmas.
I asked which coat. She reminded me I had clicked and was going to collect. After ten days, the company decide you are not going to collect so they return your item to their warehouse and eventually your money to your account (you hope) I went onto my click and collect information and the company had not returned the coat to the warehouse, it was still "awaiting collection in store". I went to collect it so I could immediately return it and receive a full refund in person. An assistant gave me the coat all wrapped up in its grey plastic packet. A more experienced assistant said I couldn't have the coat and receive a full refund because ten days were up and the coat would be returned to the warehouse. Me and the less experienced assistant looked at the grey un-returned, uncollected package on the desk in front of us. I explained that my account stated the coat was still awaiting collection at the store and here I was collecting it. The experienced lady clicked on my account and sure enough I was telling the truth. I had done the click bit right and although I was late, here I was doing the collect bit. I didn't want the coat any more because my daughter had already done her own clicking and collecting and got the self same coat for £18.00 in the sale. (That's the ill wind I mentioned) If I received a refund at the point of collection and the system recorded that I had not collected the coat, they might refund me at the point of the click as well as at the point of collection and that would never do. By now I was somewhat confused. I left the store with only the clicking in tact, Hopefully the system will rectify my account.

I think quite a lot of people click on Christmas but don't ever collect it. It's still in a package in a stable. The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus. It's all there, it's paid for, you can have it. God wont send it back to the warehouse, you can collect it any time. How about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment