Friday 30 August 2024

Wet suit


I bought myself a wet suit ready to go to a Norfolk beach in September. It arrived in the post today and I was keen to try it on before I set off for work. After much wriggling and writhing, I maneuvered myself into the tight fitting, waterproof, heat retaining garment and zipped it up with the ingenious chord attached to the zip fastener. So far so good. What I had not considered was the difficulty I would have removing the suit which hampered my movements sufficiently to make reaching the dangling chord problematic. At length I retrieved the device and pulled hard. Nothing happened except a slight tightening of the snug collar round my throat. I renewed my resolve and pulled again. Still nothing. I gave the matter some thought. Should I go to work in the wet suit or should I knock on the neighbour's house and ask them to release me. My flushed face gave evidence of the heat retaining properties of the wet suit and the lack of undergarments convinced me not to enlist the help of  the old gentleman next door which may have resulted in more than one flushed face. Some time later I figured out that a small velcro tab which had stuck itself shut across the zip fastener, was impeding my exit. I was almost an hour late for work.

There's a BIble verse that talks about  wearing a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. Getting out of despair can sometimes prove more difficult than getting into it and more challenging than we hoped.  I've found that there is a good way to do it and it doesn't require any embarrassment. Trusting Jesus with my life has given me a way out of being trapped in a life that is restrictive, uncomfortable and inconvenient. 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment