Sunday 27 April 2014

No make up selfie

I was driving to church this morning and I suddenly had a horrible thought that when I die the undertakers might put make up on me to make me look less dead. I have always looked like I will look when I'm dead, just a bit more pink, but undertakers will find this very difficult to believe and will try and improve me so that anyone coming to pay their respects (whatever that means) will not be so shocked. As a Christian I am utterly certain that I will not be in my corpse. I will have gone to be with Jesus who gave his life for me so that I will never die but will enjoy eternal life with him for ever, and I will have a glorious body (the Bible says that, I'm not just making it up.) Anyway, do you think I should write in my will that no cosmetic enhancements are to be used to cover up the bags under my eyes or to brighten up my plain normal pink lips? If you come and visit me in the chapel of rest or the mortuary and this message hasn't filtered through, please will you bring some face wipes and put me back to normal. I'm not scared of death, it will be the beginning of an exciting new eternal adventure full of activity and happiness. You can cry over my dead body if you like, it wont spoil my make up. But only cry because you'll miss me for a while, I'll be happier than I've ever been, and probably better looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment