Friday 11 July 2014

The 49 Steps

Overhearing my daughter and her friend discussing a film they had just seen at the cinema, I asked the name of the film and not being a film buff I was not surprised that I had not heard of "The Forty Nine Steps"
I asked if this was a sequel to "The 39 Steps." A blank silence greeted me. The film they had been to see was "The Fault in our Stars." This is not the first time I have made mistakes with regard to films. I once arrived late to the cinema where I was meeting people to watch "The Vow." Hurriedly buying my ticket I rushed into screen 4, having been warned by the young man on the desk that the film had already started. I peered through the gloom in an attempt to locate my friends but eventually decided I should just sit down and watch the film alone, until my eyes became accustomed to the darkness and I could move to join my group. After about five minutes I began to suspect that I was in the wrong cinema screen. Leaning over to a lady in front I asked if we were watching "The Vow." I was a little bit embarrassed when she informed me the film I had been watching was actually "The Muppets." 

No comments:

Post a Comment