Monday 13 October 2014

Ink saving mode

I entered next year's calendar dates on a website with a customiseable template and chose "ink saving mode" to print the twelve pages. It worked marvelously well. I didn't use any ink at all. Alas the twelve blank pages were less than helpful when planning my events in 2015.
I recently went out to breakfast with my husband at a local restaurant. The advert said, "Unlimited breakfast £4.99" The waiter asked me how many mushrooms I would like. I said "Loads."  His response... "I can do you three." Since when was three, unlimited?  Last week I saw a five year old dragging his feet when his father clearly wanted to hurry home, The dad shouted, "I 'an't gorrall day," the boy responded "I 'ave."   So I surmise that we have different perceptions about how we measure things like, ink, mushrooms and time. I've found something else that's difficult to measure and I discover I'm not alone. The Apostle Paul  wrote to people in Ephesus about the love of Jesus and although he gave vague dimensions he concluded that it's too great to fully understand. Nevertheless his prayer for people was this "May Christ make his home in your hearts as you trust in Him. May your roots grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, how wide, how long, how high, how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to fully understand." That is also my prayer for everyone who reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment