Thursday 30 October 2014

No Mess




Last week I decided to redecorate my bathroom which included reviving the grouting between the tiles in the shower. I went to Wickes and was shown to the correct section by a young man who stood dutifully beside me while I squinted to read the tiny printing on each of the grout refreshing products. I don't think he's stood beside many people who read that much small print that slowly for that long. He shuffled from one foot to the other and said nothing. I eventually chose an anti-mould, easy application. no mess tube.
It didn't do exactly what it said on the tube. The applicator was quite clever, it was like one of those shoe polish applicators with a sponge on the end of the tube. Shoe polish applicators never claim to be "no mess," as the manufacturers must have realised that most people will squeeze the tube so hard the black liquid wax will squirt out of the little hole with alacrity, avoiding both the little hard sponge and the shoe and landing on your clothing and the local floor. Not enough people have yet complained about the no mess grout revive. One tube will revive all but two lines of grout which will mean you need to buy a second tube to complete the task.
Psalm 119 verse 50 talks about God's promise reviving us and comforting us in our troubles. A modern version of the Bible renders it thus: "When I am hurting, I find comfort in your promise that leads to life."
I wish I could tell you God's promise to you was a no mess promise but it wasn't. God wants you to have comfort in your hurts and he wants you to have life, in order to achieve that, his son Jesus was crucified and it was messy. However, Jesus carried the mess and came alive again so that you can be revived and alive and when you're squeezed you won't fall apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment