Sunday 9 November 2014

Audio description

Tonight I accidentally discovered AD on my TV. It was really irritating as I had no idea what it was, why it was on or how I could switch it off. "Lady Edith looks downcast" "The large cast iron gate is closed by a gate man" "Mrs Patmore is sobbing at the kitchen table"
It is such a blessing to be able to see.
On Thursday a dear friend took me for a pedicure. I sat in a massage chair, I had no idea what it was, why it was on or how I could switch it off. "Woman spills coffee down shirt"
It is such a blessing to be able to walk.
We take so many things for granted.
Pondering the plight of slum children in an orphanage in India whilst sitting in a massage chair in a beautiful salon with hot towels being pressed on my freshly soaked feet, seemed perfectly acceptable to me. My friend had no idea how to switch me off. The woman sitting between us didn't appreciate me ruining her afternoon by mentioning those less fortunate than myself.
It's such a blessing to have health care and transport and a bed and central heating and computers and clothes and Nandos and so many other things.
This week in particular I was thankful to have friends and family. "Blogger becomes emotional"

No comments:

Post a Comment