Sunday 8 May 2022

Troglodyte

As far as I remember, my Dad used to tell me that a Troglodyte was a creature whose head fell off if it nodded. I thought of this when I read an article this week about how using your mobile phone can make you a hunchback, Our heads weigh between 10 and 12 pounds (I know this because somebody told me that to get rid of 12 pounds of ugly fat I should chop my head off) but when we angle them down 15 degrees, they effectively weigh 27lb. At a 60 degree angle they weigh some 60lb. For Christmas I had some glasses which allow you to look straight ahead and read a book on your lap, I knew they were a useful gift but had not realised their potential health benefits.
In Psalm 3 verse 3 I read that God is my glory and the lifter up of my head. I have always liked that verse but since my recent discovery, it has taken on new significance. If you are tempted to spend a lot of time looking down, either at your electronic device or at life in general, can I encourage you to allow God to lift your head. It will be good for your neck and for your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment