Friday 1 June 2018

A chip off the old block


Many people will have shut their finger in a car door. I'm sure I've done it before, which is why this time I was baffled at myself as I looked at my finger in the door I had slammed (and actually locked with my magic keyfob) and thought, "How do I get my finger out of there?"  I pressed the button on my key and heard the click as the locks disengaged. Carefully opening the door I removed my injured digit and was happy to see that it was still in one piece. I wont go into detail about the throbbing sensation and the feeling of nausea but I will commend the Boots pharmacist who said, "You'll probably lose your nail and if the blood builds up, you might have to have a hole drilled in your nail to let it escape." I did once bore through a finger nail with the needle of an electric sewing machine. Hand winding the pulley backwards to extricate the needle, was an experience I'm not keen to repeat.
Anyway after visiting a local coffee outlet who kindly supplied me with a paper towel and some ice, I made my way home to nurse my injury.  Later that week I visited my Dad who had a matching fingernail, having also shut his finger in a car door the previous week. I felt a strange pride at being like my Dad and I took a photo to prove our similitude.
As a Christian it is my delight to try and reflect my loving heavenly Father. I don't do it often enough or as effectively as I would like, but there are odd glimmers and I know they make God pleased and me happy. Also they are much less painful than the door slamming thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment