Friday 15 June 2018

Bus app.




Having to scrap yet another car, is something I have become quite accustomed to over the years. This week I said goodbye to a very nice Corsa. One of the downsides of not having a car, is that buses don't run at convenient times of the day or night. However, thanks to modern technology, 'there's an app for that'. By that I mean there is an application that you can download to your phone which will let you know how late the bus you are about to catch is going to be. This is supposed to make us feel that although the bus is 8 minutes late, it's OK, because our phone screen displayed a little message informing us of the delay. I was waiting at a bus stop with a lady who was very pleased with her bus app and was thrilled that the bus was exactly as late as the screen said. I was less pleased as this meant I was likely to be 8 minutes late for work and my employers are less forgiving than the bus stop lady. However, emboldened by her use of the 'app.' I downloaded it ready for the next day. I also downloaded the ticket app. which allows me to buy a ticket ahead of time and pay for it online. This negates the need for raiding my children's money box to get the correct change. (My children have grown up and left home but I still have their money box.) On Wednesday the bus arrived promptly at 8 minutes past the printed arrival time and my ticket for zone 2 Leicester was clearly displayed on my mobile screen. I leaped on board brandishing the phone and thrust it at the bus driver with an engaging smile.
He peered at the screen, pushed his spectacles up on top of his large bald head and peered at the screen again. "That's a picture of my face, duck" he said kindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment