Thursday 2 August 2018

M&S

I am not a regular visitor to M&S because although I believe their merchandise to be of a high quality, I also believe it to be of a high price and I am less keen on the latter,
Today however I wandered through and came across a dress reduced from £30 to £8.99. I wasn't especially keen on the dress but as it was such a bargain and in my size (which you will notice I have obscured in the photo) I decided to buy it.
I took it to the checkout and the very nice lady told me that as the dress was now "yellow label" (she shuddered as she spoke those words) it was non-returnable. I decided that in that case I had better try it on before I parted with my £8.99.                                I had encountered some difficulty finding my way to the tills so I looked up at the hanging signage to find my way to a cubicle where I could try on the item. I was quite surprised that the signs led me upstairs and along a bare corridor to what looked like a kind of office. However I was in Marks and Spencer and if they like to refer to their fitting rooms in French, who am I to question it? There were no mirrors in the Bureau de Change so I retraced my steps and followed signs to the fitting rooms instead.


In the Bible, in Zechariah 3, there is an account of man who met an angel in a changing room,  "Then the angel said, "Take those dirty clothes off Joshua." Then he said to Joshua, "Now I have taken away your guilt, and I am giving you a new change of clothes."
Early in my life I found my way to that same changing room. The new clothes were bought and paid for when Jesus died in my place. All it required, was for me to take off the dirty clothes and get changed into the clean ones. Call it a Bureau de Change or fitting rooms, all I know is I don't have any guilt anymore and I look pretty good in my new outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment