Saturday 8 June 2019

Mistakes.




I have a strange spot on my nose which has been there for several months, maybe even years. As this is the view most of the children in my reception class see when they look up at me, it is not surprising that they mention it and ask me what it is and why it's there Today I decided that if I pinched it with a pair of sharp tweezers I could make it bleed and when it healed up it might not be red any more. It turned out that was a mistake. My eyes watered a great deal and the red spot was much worse when I had completed my painful experiment.
My second mistake happened when I was walking through a door. I arrived at the same time as an elderly lady perhaps fifteen years my senior. She kindly held the door open for me and as I passed her I smiled and tried to make a complementary remark. What I should have said was, "Age before beauty." Unfortunately and for a reason I have yet to fathom, I said, "It's meant to be age before beauty." As you can see from the above picture, I did the lady a huge disservice.
The Bible says in Proverbs 30, that the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood. It's true.
In the next chapter it says "Beauty does not last." Also true.
I've found that there are times when things don't turn out as I've planned, and I'm really thankful for the comfort of another Bible verse that I believe to be true, "'I know the plans I have for you', the Lord says, 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope'" When you mess things up as often as I do, that's such a relief.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment