Saturday 15 May 2021

I'm a little teapot

My friend very kindly made me a lovely coffee last week. I was fascinated at how the filter could fit snugly inside a pot that was rounded. She managed to keep the sarcasm out of her voice when she explained that the inside of the pot was straight  and the curves were just for show. I suddenly loved that coffee pot. It was designed to look fat even though inside it was thin.       The first time I used a cafetiere I couldn't understand why the tray for the coffee was so shallow. I spread the grounds carefully around the central pole trying not so spill it over the spring. Plunging the plunger into the hot water, I watched as the coffee floated to the top of the water. I concluded this kitchen aid was very badly designed. Since then someone has explained to me how a cafetiere works.                                                                   Many people are interested in their outward appearance, they enhance it in order to make themselves more attractive and will usually affirm that those improvements are for themselves and not for anyone else.Yet we all know that it's what's inside a person that really matters. However curved that pot looks, the thing that makes it successful is the tight fitting straight plunger within. The Bible explains to us that man looks on the outward appearance but that God looks at the heart. In a world that values the outward, don't forget that your heart needs to be straight and able to filter out dregs. If you've got a lovely outside to go with your heart I am happy for you, but please rejoice in your good heart more. People can't see it, but what you pour out will be much more tasteful.

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment