Friday 28 April 2023

Unsuitable

 

This week my husband needed a suit for my Mum's funeral. He has lost 5 stones in weight recently so his old suits are too big. I found one that was dark enough to serve the purpose and painstakingly altered the waistband on the trousers to fit. As long as he kept his jacket on, the baggy backside would have been fairly well hidden.

I called the dry cleaners who wanted £18 to clean the suit. I decided I would just give it a good steam clean myself and that would freshen it up.

I thoroughly rinsed the steam mop reservoir and laid the suit out ready for the cleaning procedure.

It was a few moments before the bleach in the tube between the reservoir and the steam outlet made contact with the suit jacket and the spots didn't actually go orange until I'd steamed the entire garment. My husband was still confident he could wear the suit at the graveside. I was less convinced.


No comments:

Post a Comment