Monday 15 May 2023

Shoe shine



 Hurrying out, I noticed that my black leather shoes looked a bit dull. Usually I would use wax polish with a "putter-on" brush and shine the wax with "polisher" brush. There was no time for this age old and effective method so I grabbed the liquid polish. It turns out  that the small floral patterns on the shoes are not just surface decoration but small perforations in the leather. Black liquid polish doesn't wash off your fingers or your feet as quickly as you would hope.  

I was reminded of a Bible verse in Haggai, " You have planted much, but gather little, you eat but there is not enough to fill you, you drink but are still thirsty, you put on clothes but no one is  warm enough, you earn money but put it in a bag with holes."  At the end of the chapter God explains that because he is with the people who feel like this, things can improve.

I discovered that because I didn't think my shoe-shining method through, it messed things up. I reckon that evaluating our priorities including considering the existence of a God who cares about us and doesn't want things to be spoiled or inadequate, would be beneficial to our productivity and ultimately make improvements that would make us less dull and less messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment