Tuesday 18 February 2014

Tame Compliments


My friend has just commented on my blog with one of the tamest compliments you could wish to meet.
"Your blogs make me smile as well as having some meaning"
It was worse than me saying to a lady last week, "You have beautifully messy hair."
My minister's wife told me I had lost a ton of weight - do you thank somebody for that?
I  should probably be complimented for using the correct spelling of compliment. I also know how to use plurals without apostrophes. 
My daughter's college lecturer wrote on the white board: 
"Todays lesson objective is the correct use of apostrophe's." 
She should have complemented her English with a few lessons in English.

After complaining about finding metal shavings in my salad at a local restaurant, they said I could have a complimentary meal. When I ordered it, the tomato and the lettuce both said I looked lovely.
Most of us like receiving compliments. We like to think we are valued and appreciated.
The greatest compliment I have ever received is that the Son of God considered me worth dying for.
The same goes for you, but not everyone is good at receiving compliments, especially one as meaningful as that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment