Tuesday 26 August 2014

Luggage compartment

 Climbing into the luggage compartment of a bus,watched by a long line of holiday makers was not a moment of rejoicing for me. Realising it was not the actual bus entrance, I backed out fairly quickly, but not fast enough to go  unnoticed. Walking into a broom cupboard in the public toilets at the blood donor hall, once, was quite bad, but when I did it on the way out as well as on the way in and repeated it the next time I gave blood, it became something of an embarrassment. Directing someone in totally the wrong direction is funnier, as long as they don't pass you again 12 minutes later when they've circumnavigated the village. My husband was meeting me at the opticians and he waited for ages at Vision Express, I never thought I would seriously text someone the message "Should've gone to SpecSavers." Arriving at the correct destination is usually quite important. I think people don't tend to ponder too much about their eternal terminus, they often just hope for the best that there either wont be one, or it will be somewhere nice. But just suppose you could be sure that the terminus of life was not actually a terminus but the gateway to an incredible eternal adventure in a new body with no tears and no pain. For me that's a reality and I'm looking forward to it. Once death comes, there's no backing out. Maybe you should consider your eternal destiny before you find out you went through the wrong door.

No comments:

Post a Comment