Monday 1 September 2014

Duck feet and perspective.



On a lovely stroll in Bradgate Park, Leicestershire this evening, my husband commented on the ducks in the water. "Look at those ducks waving their feet in the air!" I must say I had never looked at it that way, I always imagined the ducks were dipping their heads under water to catch food rather than sticking their feet in the air for the fun of it. When my brother was young he came downstairs crying because he had fallen over in his bedroom. When my mother asked him what was wrong, he looked up and said, "I banged my elbow on the ceiling." Observing Orion in the night sky, it is interesting to note, that some of its stars are nearer to earth than they are to each other. I flew over Mont Blanc last week, it stands 4,510 meteres high - it was tiny.  As a Christian I've discovered that God's perspective is much more expansive than mine. Logically He shouldn't really notice me because I'm too small, but in reality I have reason to believe that God not only sees me, he knows me and he actually cares about my comings and goings, my sittings and standings, my laughings and cryings. Not everybody thinks I'm wonderful, but I like God's perspective, because he does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment