Sunday 28 January 2018

Light.


At the crack of dawn this morning my husband woke me to ask if I would change the ink in the printer. I staggered from my bed to the printer. It was dark. I changed the cartridge using the power of  feel and guesswork.I stumbled back to bed and for some incomprehensible reason, thought I needed to know what time it was. I felt for my phone on the bedside table. I screwed my eyes up so I could see the numbers on the screen in the black of night. Suddenly the room lit up. It wasn't an angel. It was the torch, the useful facility on my device which I can never find if I need to read the code on a keysafe at midnight. After several fruitless stabs at the screen I managed to extinguish the 50 lumens. It was 7a,m. Now that may not seem like the crack of dawn to you, but when you go to bed at 1a.m. and set your phone alarm for 8 hours later, 7a.m. is like 4.30 a.m. to those of you who go to bed at 10.30 pm and set your alarm for 8 hours later. The next time I woke and reached out to check the time, there was no flashlight, there was no time display either - I had picked up my glasses case.
The Bible calls Jesus the Light of the World. Light wakes you up and makes you realise what you missed in the dark. I could have done with the torch when I changed the ink, not when I just wanted to shut my eyes and go back to sleep. If you've got stuff to do in life, let me recommend getting light on the subject. You might not want to wake up to the idea that you're in the dark, but once you let Jesus shine in your heart, you wont want to go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment