Thursday 14 February 2019

Steamed up.

I was driving to work this week and my windscreen wouldn't clear. I put the blower on full, which for some reason I have yet to fathom, activates the air conditioning. I have a demister pad from the road safety people with which I vigorously wiped the inside of the screen. When I had turned my indicators off, having remembered that they are on the opposite side of the steering column to any normal car, I eventually operated my squirters and wipers in an attempt to make the road ahead clearly visible. Incidentally I have frequently squirted my windscreen to indicate to other drivers that they are welcome to pull out in front of me if they need to.
 Knowing that I shouldn't actually have set off without a clear screen and feeling rather guilty, I pulled over to find out what was up with the blower or the wipers., That's when I remembered that I have new spectacles which I am required to wear constantly.





Sometimes I think we  look in the wrong place for life to be demisted and demystified. We forget that our vision of situations can be impaired, not because of external circumstance but because our lens on the world has fogged up and everything looks blurred. That brought to mind a Bible verse from 1 Corinthians Chapter 13.  "We don't yet see things clearly, we're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it wont be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright, We'll see it then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us. but for now, until that completeness, trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. 
 I think that sounds like good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment