Wednesday 25 March 2020

Stay at home.


I am gloriously unfamiliar with the concept of staying at home. I love being out and about meeting people and doing things. Nevertheless, in line with health organisation guidance I have confined myself to the house. This has necessitated cooking whatever is easily accessible. Yesterday I made corned beef hash. It had corned beef, potato, carrot, onion. stock cubes and a packet of oxtail cuppa soup.
In an attempt to liven it up I decided to add dumplings. I had made these not too long ago and they are quick and easy. Rooting in the cupboard I found the half empty pack of suet I had not previously finished. Having added the requisite salt, self raising flour and water. I left the dumplings to simmer for as long as it took. When I served the delicious meal, my husband said, "This tastes a bit soapy". He is however used to eating things I have cooked so he carried on wading through it. When I tried the meal I decided it was worth a look at the suet packet.

 I can confidently assure you that
 6 year old suet is past its best.
Had I done my subsequent research before throwing the dumplings in the bin, we could have used them to wash our hands.




The Bible talks about getting rid of old things and replacing them with new. I can recommend the concept for suet and for life.
  Specifically the letter to the Corinthians refers to our lives once we become Christians. "If anyone belongs to Christ there is a new creation. The old things have gone, everything is made new."

No comments:

Post a Comment