Friday 3 April 2020

Hand sanitiser


There are many dangers around at the moment and nobody wants to catch a virus from germy hands. It is vital that we are fastidious about hygiene and I have been doing my best to follow guidance from the health authorities.
Before things became as bad as they are now, I was at a desk not belonging to me. I had used the computer keyboard and decided it would be a good idea to wipe it before the next person arrived and touched the keys, rife with my freshly deposited germs. The sanitising wipe container was on the desk but there were no wipes readily available, I opened the lid to investigate. To my delight there were still a good number of moist wipes in the pot. Rather than just tearing a blue square off the roll, I decided to thread a newly unfurled one through the slot in the lid, thus making them easily available for anyone else needing to sanitise.
I pushed my finger up through the cross shaped cut, taking with it a wipe. The jaws of the dispenser squeezed tightly on the tip of my finger and refused to release it. The more I tugged downward, the more the sharp plastic points dug in. I was near tears. I had to decide whether to pull hard and wipe the blood up, or to try and release my finger from the pincer grip by another method. I wasn't brave enough to use the quick way, but sliding a scissor blade between my finger and the spikes took longer than I had hoped and was only marginally less painful. In future I will probably wash my hands with soap. Citrus Splash brings my hands out in a rash but it might be worth it because as you can see, this particular brand kills an impressive 99.999% of germs.  In the book of Job in the Bible, we read this verse "But godly people will keep doing what is right. Those with clean hands will grow stronger." I pray you will be well and strong and know God's peace during this time of crisis. Keep doing what's right and make sure your hands are clean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment