Friday 22 May 2020

Essential shopping.


  In the interests of staying at home and relieving the NHS of some of its responsibility, I decided to make my own watering can rose. I managed to slice the bottom off a pop bottle using a Stanley knife without injury so my next task was to put holes in it. My instrument of choice was a hot nail. Armed with my trusty blow torch and a pair of pliers I began the task. It was actually a lot more difficult than I had imagined. The plastic was slippery and I found that burning a hole in my finger was much easier than burning a hole in the bottle bottom.




Melting the edges of the bottle so it fitted round the can nozzle was reasonably easy and pain free and the final result was quite satisfactory. As I watered my newly planted seeds and watched them begin to grow I was reminded of a verse in the Bible, "As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."  I am happy to know that God never slips up. We might accidentally burn holes in things, but God will sustain the earth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment