Saturday 14 November 2020

Locked and down.

 I usually try to find something amusing to write about in my blog, but at the moment I am struggling to find anything amusing. 

I did make a dress using a pattern I had cut out long before I gained half a stone in weight from eating cake and biscuits to alleviate boredom. Trying to put it on was quite funny but I wasn't laughing.

I made a fire pit from the drum of my tumble dryer which decided to smell of burning way before it was a fire pit. I loaded my car with the casing and motor and my husband offered to take it to the tip along with an old lawnmower and a few other bits and pieces. He didn't recognise my gym bag so he threw that out too. It contained my trainers, gym gear, swimming costumes, ear phones, membership card, hair products and money. On  a good day I might have laughed but I felt inordinately upset about it.


I'm always quite emotional but I've been surprised by the strength of my emotions during lockdowns and I haven't enjoyed the surprise.

So if like me, you're struggling a bit, let me share something that's helped me. It's from Psalm 31.

 "Lord, You have considered my trouble and have known my soul in adversity. But as for me, I trust in you O Lord. I say, You are my God. My times are in your hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment